The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Things That Make Me Want to Pick up a Book
1) The Cover- Yeah I know it's shallow...but if the cover is interesting I will read the back or inside cover flap automatically.
2) The review- again shallow, but I have a great bunch of gals
3) The Genre- I am a YA, Sci-fi fantasy, romance whore...I don't tend to pick up a novel outside of those genre's unless they are recommended to me by someone I trust.
4) If it is a fairy tale retelling
5) If it involves Dracula, Elizabeth Bathory or Jack the Ripper
6) If it is Shakespeare from a different point of view, like Hamlet from Ophelia’s POV
7) If it is supposed to be scary, in that uncanny valley creepy haunted way
8) If it is dark and I mean seriously dark and evil…
9) If it involves mythology
10) If it is by an author I already love.