Top Ten Tuesday is an AWESOME meme hosted by Broke and Bookish
1) The Princess Bride- The book wasn't NEARLY as good as the movie,which is SO rare to say, but I read the book and was disappointed.
2)The Lost World- Umm... Ok so I LOVE all the Jurassic Park movies because I am a dork like that. However, this movie was NOTHING like the book and there were so many plot holes and twists that had to be taken from the director's butt, cause they didn't come out of the pages.
3) Little Women- You know the one with Winona Rider? They leave a lot out but this is a super awesome adaptation of the novel, one I can watch over and over again.
4) Beautiful Creatures- Can we say yuck? I read the books an actually kind of liked them, so I played the girlfriend card and BEGGED my boy to take me to this angsty teen movie...I regretted it within ten minutes, the movie was HORRIBLE, the girl who played Lena made me want to punch her and they screwed up the plot, none of the aspects I enjoyed in the novels were even present, aside from Link and Ethan.
5) Hamlet - The Kenneth Branaugh version, squee and sigh.
6) Jane Eyre- with Orson Wells.... This one is kind of a half and half,I love it, one of my favorites...However they DO cut out a couple of pretty big chunks from the novel.
7) Queen of the Damned- Can we say barf? And in a big way, after Interview With A Vampire and the extreme love I feel for Tom Cruise playing Lestat this made me want to throw things at the screen.
8) Bram Stoker's Dracula-hatehatehatehate NOTHING like the novel, including an AWFUL scene where Lucy is being fucked by a werewolf. Plus as much as I adore Keanu Reeves, him trying for a British accent playing Jonathan Harker makes my head hurt.
9)Interview with a Vampire- I can't help it, even with the discrepancies this movie takes me to a happy place.
10) Wizard of Oz- Ok, so there is a special place in my heart for this movie, I know all the songs by heart and so enjoy watching this. However if you are looking for a movie that didn't do a great job of adapting from the novel this one fills that category.