Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Best and Worst Series Endings.
Hosted by http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/2013/10/top-ten-bestworst-series-endings-top.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FJywQY+%28The+Broke+and+the+Bookish%29
This one is hard for me since most of my series are currently on going.
1) Vampire Kisses 9- Immortal Hearts by Ellen Shreiber- I have been reading this series for years and I enjoyed this last episode very much. Everything wraps up all happily ever after and I needed that.
2) The Hidden by Jessica Verday- The third in The Hollow Trilogy- this series was a fun retelling of the legend of Sleepy Hallow and had a very perfume filled plot with lovely characters and imagery and ended the way I thought it would
3) Blood Canticle by Anne Rice- Now there were a TON of books in the middle of the Vampire Chronicles series that were crap, but I was happy with how Anne Rice wrapped the series up.
4) The Far West by Patricia C Wrede- the conclusion of the Frontier Magic Series- OMG this series is one I read over and over again it makes me so damn happy. Oregon Trail+ Harry Potter. Yum Yum
5) Dark Carnival by James Moore- the last Serenity Falls novels- this series was super creepy! I enjoyed the spooky horror that the small town of Serenity Falls imbibed and the last installment of this series was full of curses, dead raising and best of all an evil carnival very something-wicked-this-way-comes.
1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Can we say this book was all about the author being sick of her characters? Everyone dies, and in not so good ways and I have read fan fiction endings that were better than the crappy epilogue we are given.
2) Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer- Ok now this is weird, this actually is one of the books I like best of this series. However the whole Jacob/Nessie thing was yuck…I am anti any book promoting getting married as a teenager (you know, instead of having goals, going to college and moving out of your parent’s house) and having a baby. Also I feel this book was more cash cow than art.
3) Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris- the last Sookie Snatchhouse book. Ok so I didn’t actually read this. I am putting it here because of the crapfest this series turned into and from my friends I found out she *spoiler* doesn’t wind up with Eric so blah!
4) Divine Misdemeanors- the last Meredith Gentry Book by Laurel K Hamilton- this ending confused me, is this really the end? I mean another book hasn’t come out in years….I think it was the end but it felt very unfinished.
5) Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- the last in the Beautiful Creatures books… - I was torn reading these to begin with. I loved some, hated some…But the finale just, fell flat for me and didn’t do Ethan the justice his story deserved. Though Lena could jump off a bridge for all I care.