Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Top Ten Weirdest Names in Books I've Read
This week I am going with: Top Ten Weirdest Names Found in Books
Top Ten is Hosted By http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com and it a super fun meme to play along with.
1) Reneeseme - from the Twilight Saga, uck, yuck….This name is one of those horrible mash up names…I mean come on they nickname her NESSIE
2) Acheron- From Dark Hunters, it’s kind of cool, but this is the river of sorrow in the underworld, super suck…His real name isn’t much better Aspostles.
3)Gorse - from Curse of the 13th Fey a sleeping beauty retelling from the fairy’s point of view.
4)Syrenka From Monstrous Beauty, though even with the weird mermaid name how can you not LOVE this book.
5) Eff from the Frontier Magic trilogy by Patricia C Wrede, weird name, great series!
6) Rhine from Wither….. Couldn’t get over that it made me think of orange peelings
7)Sorcha From Daughter of the Forest, odd name, cool character… Isn’t there a Game of Thrones character named Sorcha now too?
8) All of the names from Black Dagger Brotherhood Vishous, Rhage, Wrath etc…etc..
9)Manon The Book of Beings, was a self-published novel I reviewed this year. Yes that’s a GIRL’s name.
10) Verity The Caged Graves, it’s more old fashioned than weird, but still uncommon.
And just to let you all know if you enjoy books with weird or uncommon names you should check out my own novels. With characters like Hellebella, Ereshkigal and Rhodanthe I fit into this category quite nicely.
Inscribed by Renee Lake