Yes I know it is Wednesday, I am behind lol. This is a fun meme hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week it is the top ten words/topics that will make me NOT pick up a book.
1. Angels- Sorry but I hate this concept. At one time it seemed unique and now makes me cringe
2. Fairies Unless it is SERIOUSLY unique I stay away from books that are based on fairies. People who don't know they are fairies etc...etc..
3. Science Fiction/Aliens- Yeah just not my things. I will read novels that have bits of sci fi in them, like the Celta series by Robin D Owens, but it can't be the main focus.
4. Post Apocalyptic - books that take place after a plague or a major war where society is crumbling isn't really my thing. I have read a few I like, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, but mainly this makes me put a book down.
5. Christian Fiction/Inspirational
6. Steam Punk- Again, just not something I can get quite into, usually it is a mix of the steam punk and the plot line, I mean there ARE exceptions to every rule... but yeah....I don't read a lot of this.
7. Straight Romance- doesn't matter if it is YA or Adult, if all the book has is romance, no paranormal, retelling or other things attached like fantasy I won't read it.
8. Epic Fantasy- this is for books like Robert Jordan, Game of Thrones and Tolkien, sorry but I just don't enjoy them.
9. Graphic Novels
10. Anthologies- Okay so you HAVE seen me review some. But traditionally I don't grab these unless there is ONE author I love in the collections, and then I only read THAT story.